Access Controls Basics

I have been trying to complete the Access Controls Basic module but the material seems to be unclear or incorrect. The last two questions Are not able to be found as the results of the instructions seems to give the wrong output. I am not sure if based on the instructions I am doing something wrong or what, but I have been stuck on this module an its getting frustrated as I have restarted the lab multiple times. Can anyone shine some light on this for me?

1 Like

Hi @mikepalma85 for 1.3 Practice you have to remember the folder permissions that were there in the previous lesson (1.2), and then use a combination of commands to get the answer:

1. What user was added to the Leaders group?
    Hint: use the net localgroup command to view the members of the leaders group

2. What group was granted access to the Hall_of_Doom folder?
    Hint: use the icacls command to view the new group under Hall_of_Doom -
    Hint 2: Make sure you’re doing this from C:, so:
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11.01.23 PM

3. How many users are in the group above?
    Hint: use the net localgroup command to view the members of the group that was added to Hall_of_Doom

Hint2: REMEMBER only the Villains group and cybrary user had access to Hall_of_Doom originally so which other group is now there that wasn’t before?

1. What undesired permission does this group have on the Hall_of_Doom folder?
    Hint: use the icacls command to view check the permissions of the new group under Hall_of_Doom

I hope this helps!