How do I start studying cybersecurity?

Hi, I’m security student (no cybersecurity). I want to get into cyber, it’s the field i want specialize in. My “problem”, it’s i don’t have any studies or orientation about computer science, coding… I’m a rookie.

However, I think i should start with:

• Computer Science
  • Python
  • Networks
  • Cyber certifications

So, is there anyone who could help me?

I will aprecciate

1 Like

if you are still stuck into some ruckus. I’m a newbie too, but I guess I can at least get you some head start. I can help you get some clarity if you require Someone to talk to? yea ig I can do that.

you can begin with some free courses on YouTube and to learn to hack we don’t have one line or good line to start
you can start with a YouTube course to get some information about hacking, and then you can buy a good course on Udemy or other websites before you buy the course you have to see the person and his course and see if the explanation is good then you are ready to buy and start or you can learn from a high school you can begin with the channel: The Cyber Mentor it’s a good channel

1 Like

Just start with fundamentals courses here on Cybrary and see if you like it. Then you can go for more advanced courses.

1 Like

Hi there,

Looks like you need to build a solid foundation before advancing into cybersecurity, here’s a checklist for you to accomplish that:

• Operating Systems
  • Networking
  • Security
  • Computer Hardware
  • Mobile Devices
  • Troubleshooting
  • Scripting & Automation
  • Cloud & Virtualization

Developing skills in each of these areas will set a strong base for your cybersecurity journey. As for certifications, I personally recommend checking their exam objectives to see if there’s something for you to gain from it.

Good luck!

Would getting comptia a+ network and security certifications be some good goals to achieve for some of that list?

Whatever you want to do or however you want to start cybersecurity there are two things to do as most important:

Networking - DHCP, DNS, Records, Routing, Switching, …you need to have it in your toolset. Such as troubleshooting AD DS and roles, event logs, different types of communications, GPO’s FW, HIDS. MDR etc.

Networking - communicate with people of same interest and collect knowledge.

My suggestion is to start as entry level service desk engineer, focus yourself on all and then focus on networking at level 2. That will give you good basics.
Learn about standards,m such as cis controls, nist, mitre etc.

1 Like